Today, I wanted to talk about a topic that’s very near and dear to my heart: sweaters. It seems the past few years I’ve had an obsession for, traditionally, one category of either clothing, accessories, or shoes. Nevertheless, it seems to be a seasonal fix each year. Last year it was scarves, the year before coats, and before that booties. This year just so happens to be sweaters. I can probably point a lot of blame at a blogger or two, but we don’t need to get into the dirty details of influencer marketing.
As promised, I mentioned on the gram (give or take a week or five) that I would share a few from my own collection and some favorites that I have refrained myself from purchasing. So without further ado, here are my favorite sweaters this season, and links on where to snag em!
The mock neck is sort of in-between a full-on turtleneck and a crew neck, and is probably one of my favorite trends this season. And while the mock neck has been around (here) for much of 2017, the style definitely dominated the sweater category this past fall and I’m so glad it did. My favorite mock neck sweater pictured above, was a steal from a Lucky Brand outlet store in Colorado. But you can find similar items here:
- White Nep Pullover – Target
- Button Side Tunic Sweater – Target
- Donegal Northfield Mockneck – Madewell
- Cropped Turtleneck – Target
- Knit Sweater – H&M
More favorites here:
- Let’s Link Up Cable Pullover – Free People
- Patchwork Mock Neck Sweater – Nordstrom
- Knit Wool-Blend Sweater – H&M
- Links Links Mock Neck – Free People
- Cuddle Up Pullover – Free People
- Ottoman Slouchy Tunic – Free People
Ah, the power sleeve. Not an official style title, just my own personal feeling about them. They are big, they are bold, and you sort of have to have a bit of confidence when you’re wearing such ridiculously large, ballooned-sleeves, amiright? But let’s be honest, all I think about when it comes to a power sleeve is Jerry. But if you’re bold enough to flaunt the power sleeve, more power to you.
- Ruffle Sweatshirt – Lucky Brand
- Wrap Sweater – Treasure and Bond x Something Navy
- Cocoon Sleeve Oversized Crew Neck – Target
- Wide Sleeve Sweater – Nordstrom
- Her Turtleneck – Free People
- Park City Pullover
Ok, to be fair, none of these options are too much power puff—maybe except you green.
- Dundee Fringe Cardigan- Anthropologie
- Kaylee Pullover – Anthropologie
- Marled Wool Blend Turtleneck – J. Crew
- Shelley Pullover – Free People
- Castles In The Sky Sweater – Free People
- Knit Sweater – H&M
There seemed to be no shortage of spectacularly embellished, bright and colorful sweaters this season, and I can’t say I hate it. Just pure awesomeness. In a closet full of mostly black and grey, I could seriously use a pop of color. I had loads of candidates for this category that unsurprisingly, sold out. 😦
I tried to find one of the sweaters pictured below in-store at Free People, but the St. Louis store has a lame buyer—sorry, not sorry—I did, however, find this gem at a fraction of the cost of the sweater I initially wanted to buy. You win some, you lose some.
- Off The Shoulder Sweater – Target
- Cold Shoulder Chenille Sweater – Lucky Brand
- Off Shoulder Sweater – Lucky Brand
- Alluring Sands Pullover – Free People
Fear not of the traditional turtleneck. Albeit, a popular and modest style for 80s-90s moms, and classicly paired with a jumper, the turtleneck has made a big and cozy comeback with sweaters this season. No undershirt necessary.
- Flecked Turtleneck – Madewell
- Knit Your Love Turtleneck – Chic Wish
- Grid Turtleneck Sweater – Chic Wish
- She’s All That Knit Turtleneck – Free People
- Heart and Soul Patched Knit Sweater – Chic Wish
A staple necessary for everyone’s wardrobe if not only for their cozy, casual, and cocoon-like qualities. Here are some of my favorites:
- Rib-Knit Cardigan – H&M
- Belted Cardigan – Target
- Shawl Collar Cardigan- H&M
- Boyfriend Cardigan – Target
- Lightweight Draped Cardigan – Lucky Brand
That wraps up some of my favorite sweaters this season! Any favorites you can’t stop wearing this winter? Share em with me in the comments below or tag me on the gram! Thanks for peeking!